Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sports in Japan - hip hop dancing



Many Japanese young people have become increasingly bored with their own culture and are looking outward to other cultures. Hip hop dancing has become a bit of a dance craze in Japan, and while these dancers consider themselves to be acting very American, I find myslelf having a hard imaging very many Americans doing anything similar. Certinally, the incredible popularity hip-hop dancing enjoys as well as the enthusiasm and dedication with which Japanese persue it cannot be found easily in America. In the end, it is possible that the Japanese have formed a new genere of hip hop dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Related websites: http://theatreofmind.livejournal.com/ - another blog I created http://flickr.com/photos/mafu/ - my flickr page This blog is a class project for my Visual Anthropology Class; as such it is for educational purposes only. All photos posted here are taken by the blog author unless otherwise noted. If any problem with the posting of a particular photo is brought to my attention, I will earnestly review the problem and remove the photo if necessary.